Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Consider the Poor by Margaret Cagle

FullCupboard.com

This poem definitely described me when it came to giving to the poor
Now if able I give without hesitation.

A lady came up to me the other day and said "I just got out of the hospital and I need car fare to get home", even though she had a hospital bracelet on all I could hear myself saying was "here we go again".

Then all of the sudden I just dug in my pocket and gave her a couple of dollars.  I am not patting myself on the back, I'm just a little humiliated in reference to my first response.  Here is a poem that I hope you will enjoy.



Consider The Poor
by Margaret Cagle
I saw a beggar on the street
Begging for some food to eat.
He had a tattered old backpack.
He wore no coat upon his back.

I'll ignore this pathetic jerk.
Maybe he's just too lazy to work.
I'll turn my head the other way,
But for this man, I'll surely pray.

The Holy Spirit then spoke to me.
"I gave you two good eyes to see
Those in need along the way.
You need to give as well as pray."

"I have blessed you, my dear child
Because you were so meek and mild,
But now you want to turn your head
When a poor beggar needs to be fed."

Alas, and then my tears did flow.
"Forgive me, Lord; yes I will go.
Yes, I will help this needy man.
Yes, I will help him all I can."

Yea, but for God's wondrous grace,
I could be in that beggar's place.
Lord, may I never, never indeed
Forget that there are those in need

Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.  Isaiah 58:10
God Bless,

Carl and Deb C

Bought Your Food Cheaper Now Keep it Fresher Longer

No comments:

Post a Comment